Monday, 18 June 2007

Verina's 19th Birthday

Well, can you remember when you turned 19? That was the question on Friday night. Whilst I can't really remember mine, I'm sure Verina won't forget hers in a hurry. A bit of a kerfuffle in the beginning as the clouds opened up and we had a mini downpour, luckily it only lasted 10 minutes so the BBQ was good to go. A slight snag when I got home, I forgot the cookbook at work!! How was I going to make her birthday cake? Luckily I had my strawberry muffin recipe so decided to "Pimp My Snack" and make it into a huge cake. After many knifes had been poked into the middle it was ready and was absolutely fabulous. Although in the end she had two cakes just to make sure! The family BBQ (minus Becky) was held in the back yard with Verina's friends joining us later for cake, singing & drinking. Becky, Naomi & I got her the Cambridge University top she was after so she was extremely pleased. The kids kicked on to Soul Tree for a bit of dancing but I decided to stay home and get to bed early.

Saturday was a blah day. It was all about recovery and resting. Sunday the sun came out full force so Naomi, Verina, Mila & I cycled over to the Orchard in Grantchester for a spot of tea & scones. A lovely afternoon spent relaxing in deck yards talking about Naomi's drunken antics at the wedding she went to Saturday night. Then it was back on the bikes to cycle home. Unfortunately for Verina her back tire was flat as a pancake. She perservered for a bit but it got a bit dangerous, although the rest of struggled to keep on our bikes we were all laughing so much. A good weekend.

No comments: