After an extremely long and boring 6 hour trip from Wa
shington DC, we finally arrived in Wilmington, North Carolina at about 8pm. We decided we had better stop for dinner as we were quite late and pulled off into one of the local motorway diners. It was revolting. Some chicken place, I can't even remember what it was called as i have blanked it from my memory it was so awful. Colin even bought a piece of pecan pie that was disgusting, it looked like pure lard he was eating. He actually had to take 2 bites to
believe how bad it was. Unfortunately Lucy was already in bed so I was going to have to wait until the morning to see her. But it was fantastic to see Fiona & Andrew. Their back porch looks fantastic and the swinging chair is great. Andrew also showed me the pizza area which is amazing, and the herb garden is so mu
ch bigger than in the pictures. But it was time for bed as a bit day tomorrow!!
Happy Birthday to me!! 2nd September 2008 and I had just turned 32. Can you believe it. I woke up early and could hea
r Lucy downstairs so I got up and went down. Totally ignored her at first as she was a bit shy but after about an hour of chatting to Fiona & Andrew she came around! She is the CUTEST girl in the WHOLE WORLD!!!!! And you can chit chat to her all day long. Some words were a bit hard to understand but with two translators nearby (Fiona & Andy) it was grea
t. Andrew made pancakes for breakfast and the boys finally got up too. For my birthday I got a great North Carolina shirt from Lucy and a gift voucher for Ryan Air from the Thoms. After brekkie we headed off to Wrightsville beach for a lovely morning of swimming and relaxing. Andrew made an amazing motorbike in the sand and it took ages to convince Lucy to sit on it. She is super independant and you can't make her do anything she doesn't want to do. After the beach I took the boys to the mall and did a
bit of window shopping followed by lunch at TGI Friday's! Back home for a relaxing afternoon with a great bbq out on the entertainment area. The weather was perfect, food great and company fantastic. After dinner we had birthday cake, a lemon meringe pie that Fiona had made special. It was so de
licious, you can see how delicious it was by the photo of Lucy trying to eat as much as possible at once! That night I decided to stay in as I was tired and lets face it, I am getting old.
Happy Birthday to me!! 2nd September 2008 and I had just turned 32. Can you believe it. I woke up early and could hea
The next morning we were up early and packed. It was time to leave a
No comments:
Post a Comment