So the last few weeks have been super crazy. So will try to summarise.
1. Softball
So after we have been training all month we finally had our first game. Unfortunately we lost but went down laughing. The second match again we struggled but did better than the first match, but still lost. Our third match was fantastic (see blog entry). We won. We even went for a drink and something to eat after the match in Primrose Hill. A couple of the guys were celebrating birthdays and it was a great opportunity to get to know each other. Our next match is Tuesday so watch for the match bulletins.
2. House of Commons
Went to the House of Commons for a Red Balloon function. This is the 3rd year in a row we have had this event and it’s always great to be invited. The weather was great so I was hanging out on the terrace staring at the Thames and Tower Bridge. This event is always a great function to meet people from all walks of life.
3. Work Night Out – Clare, Debby & Steve’s birthday
I’m sure you have already seen the pics from this night out. It was great fun meeting first at a bar in Shoreditch for a few drinks. The weather was great so it was lovely to stay outside. After nightfall it was off round the corner to another club for a big of a boogie. The cider was flowing and by midnight I knew it was time to go home. Luckily it was a bank holiday weekend so had plenty of time to recover. I ended up doing nothing that entire weekend but hang around the house relaxing.
4. Lucy’s Birthday & Tamlyn’s Birthday
My niece turned 3!! And is the cutest little one in the world. The photos of her on the web are priceless. I spoke to Lucy & Fiona on the webcam later in the week and she seem excited and had had a great birthday.
Tamlyn’s birthday also came round on Thursday 7th. Hope you had a great day.
5. Last weekend was relaxing. I did nothing except go to training on Sunday. I had Coop so I decided to drive up to Regents park instead of public transport. Not too bad only took 40 mins compared to 1hr 30mins on the train.
6. Coop Troubles
So got my baby back and didn’t need to use her till a week later. When I did get in her to do a grocery run a light came up on the dashboard. Further investigation into the handbook revealed nothing I could understand. I showed a couple of boys and they too were stumped. So it was off to the BMW showroom for a diagnostic. Turns out she has a faulty sensor in her engine somewhere. She is totally safe to drive I have been told so she is going back in to the BMW repair shop in 10 days to be fixed. Luckily she is still under warranty but getting her there and back is annoying.
7. Happy Birhday to Inger for Wednesday 13th. I have booked my flight and will be joining her for a long weekend on the 5th June. I can’t wait.
8. Kate & Pete have arrived.
So they have been here for a few weeks already spending time up in Wales with Pete’s family. Kate caught the train down to London yesterday and we met up for dinner at Belushi’s in Covent Garden. Krista also made it over to visit. It was just like old times.
The girls and I are off tonight for a bit of a boogie so get ready for the pics.
Also I’m up to Cambridge on Saturday night as we have Freddy’s christening on Sunday. Action packed weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment