It was so nice to leave the cold and rainy weather of London and head across the sea to Wilmington. After a horrendously long journey I finally arrived on Friday at lunchtime. I saw Fiona, Lucy & Henry waiting for me and I ran up and grabbed Lucy for a big hug.

It's amazing how tall Lucy is and she has a f

unny little accent, with some words sounding super American. Henry is GORGEOUS!!! I couldn't stop hugging and kissing him, although he is massive for an 8 month old and very heavy but such a pleasant little thing!

What followed was a lovely week of relaxing, playing with the kids and hanging out with Fiona

& Andrew. We even made it to the beach one day as it was soooo hot although the water was way too cold to actually swim.
T

hen it was Easter Sunday! The day of Henry's baptis

m. Andrew's parents & brother Michael showed up so it was nice to see them as well. I got some lovely chocolates from the Thoms, then it was time to head off to church for a morning service. After the service we headed back to the house and started to prepare for the baptism and pizza party after.

The ceremony was lovely and Fiona's friend J

enny sung a couple of songs which was so beautiful. After the baptism Andrew fired up the oven and everyone starting making their own personalised pizzas. It was a lovely afternoon, weather was perfect and everyone was so friendly. I think we finished about 11ish and then it was straight to bed as I was exhausted!


After trying to stuff everything back into my suitcase I finally managed to sit on it and do up the zip! A nice afternoon followed of more pizzas and sitting around the backyard relaxing. Lots of hugs and kisses later and I was off to the airport for the trip home.
I finally arrived home on Tuesday afternoon! Now ready to plan the next trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment