Saturday I met up with Tom and we went to see The Dark Knight Rises at the IMAX in Swiss Cottage. It was actually really good and very entertaining. The IMAX made the floor and seats vibrate, bit weird. Then we went and met up with Simmo and we headed to Hyde Park for BT London Live - basically a massive festival which is free with big screens, food stalls and games areas. It was fun as we managed to see Jessica Ennis win gold in the Heptathalon event. The atmosphere was great but it got a bit cold and everyone was pretty tanked so we headed to the pub. A couple cheeky ones there, then it was off home to bed.
Sunday - big day - Gymnastic finals at the O2. I was so excited. Got down there and met up with Tanya and we headed into the venue. Our seats were AMAZING! We were so close to the athletes it was fantastic. It was the ticket I had won through work so there were a bunch of work people there. The things these athletes could do was out of control. I loved every minute of it, and there was a celebrity sighting! Can you guess who in the below photo......... The Duchess of Cambridge - Kate
Gillian, Tanya, Me & Alexandra
After the event we headed out and Alexandra and I thought we would try out the air lift shuttle that takes you from North Greenwich to Canning Town. Although a lot of people seemed to have the same idea, but the line didn't take long at all. It was a quick 5 minute trip across the water, and the weather was perfect for us. Then home to put my feet up after an action packed weekend.
Cycled in to work today and I'm feeling very tired. I'm told that after a week of cycling thats when I will get my adrenaline hit. Fingers crossed. Off tonight to Celia's as she is giving me her flat screen telly & surround sound! RESULT. Luckily Rich is going to get his car and help me move it.
No comments:
Post a Comment