
So after our thrill of getting ready in the suite it was time to head down to the event. The evening went well, champagne reception, starters then we had the heads & tails game. Basically i had to flip a coin (in front of everyone) and the MC (Dave Sharpe) shouted it out and if I called heads and thats what you had chosen you got to stay standing. It got down to two with the winner gettting £1000. it was all fun and games till I got off the dancefloor and Claire at my table said she could see my knickers thru my dress when the spotlight was on me! Whoops I had worn my new stripey undies. Oh well it was a laugh anyway.
We had three acts, Calamity Jane - the name says it all, she was pants. Bruce Airhead - i missed it as I was in the toilet. And Incognito - AMAZING. they were a surprise act, that came on and sung opera. they pulled the crowd back and had them all up and dancing.
Then my responsibilities ended and it was time to hit the dancefloor. Time seemed to fly by and suddenly it was 2am, we went up to the suite and had a few more drinks then it was time to go to bed. Unfortunately I woke up at 8am after only a few hours sleep and was really pretty rotten so decided to forgo breakfast and headed home to curl up in my own bed with noone kicking me out at 11am.A great night, everyone enjoyed it and we managed to raise £40,000 for the two charities.




No comments:
Post a Comment