Thursday, 20 June 2013

Cakes, food & softball

So have finally managed to kick the cough to the kerb! It took two weeks but feeling so much better. I even went for a run at lunchtime on monday - horrendous. Its amazing how quick you lose your stamina in running. I had to scale back the run/walk session but I know that I will get it back to where I was.

I embarassingly had to speak to the sports company I bought my treadmill off to tell them it had cracked. I'm sure they got a good laugh out of it, but they have said they are going to replace it. So just waiting for that to turn up.

Last night we went out for dinner to a local Thai place. Since December we have been putting money in a jar - each month it's something different - swearing, inappropriate behaviour, chocolate, cake. And between the 7 of us we had £200! Wicked. So we spent most of last night and have decided to keep going with the jar. Not sure what it will be for July though............

A friend from work is leaving and she asked me to make a cake for her. It's been a very busy week but managed to bake the chocolate cake on Tuesday night and then put it all together on Wednesday night! It's a plain chocolate cake with vanilla icing and raspberries & blueberries in the middle layer. Here it is:



No comments: