Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Tennis, Food & Theatre

So this year for Mila's birthday she decided she wanted to see Othello at the National. I've never seen it so I thought, why not. Luckily we are doing some building works there so I was able to get 2 tickets to a sold out performance and doubly lucky for us it feel on the Wimbeldon final weekend.

Mila & I met at lunchtime and headed down to Bankside area to watch the Women's Final at an open air screen. When we got there it was full of people and no spare seats, but there was an amazing sushi place with outdoor seating so we plonked ourselves there and had a fab afternoon sitting in the sun, eating sushi and watching the tennis. Mila had also just got back from her travels with Helen and brought me back a lovely blue bracelet.

After the match we wandered down to the South Bank and walked along the Thames, managing to find a park bench under the trees where we sat and chatted whilst watching the world go by. We finally managed to pull ourselves up and went to the BFI restuarant for dinner, again sitting outside and drinking some lovely rose lemonade. It was then round the corner to the National Theatre to see Othello.

The play was fantastic and Mila had given me a brief rundown so I was able to follow along, although they did have a few monologues I struggled keeping up with what they were saying! She didn't mention the ending and I won't either for those who haven't read the play but it was thrilling.

By this stage we were all talked, walked and eaten out! What a brilliant day, doing nothing but relaxing and having fun. If only you could do it every day.



No comments: