Thursday, 7 February 2008

Locked Door? No match for my Jackie Chan skills

Ever had one of those mornings? I did on Tuesday morning. I had just been asleep for 16 hours after we got back from Vienna and woke up at 8am. I was a bit out of it but grabbed my towel for a shower. Previously I had locked my door from the inside so I could sleep and have none of my housemates bother me. The round lock has a switch to lock it from the inside, I ASSUMED that the lock would click open upon me opening the door from the inside.

NO

I walked into the bathroom, then turned to go back into my room to get some stuff and guess what! The door was locked. There I was standing in my pj's with no shoes, no phone, no keys, no glasses. What should I do. I had no way of contacting anyone as I had nothing. I tried a set of keys I found in the kitchen hoping it might open it by NO! So what do you do.......

Kick the door in!


Luckily as I work in construction, the boys on site are helping me get a replacement door before the landlord finds out and tries to charge me an arm and a leg. Really it's his fault as he never explained how the stupid locks worked! 4 years of living in the one place and 3 weeks before I go, I wreck the place!

No comments: