Tuesday, 28 October 2008

Thoms visit

So last week I pick Lynda up from Bristol. It was nice to see a familiar face from home. Although I didn't really see too much of her as she was constantly busy out and about in London! We managed to catch up in the evenings which was nice. On Thursday we headed out to west end to see Les Miserables, a lovely yet heavy musical.



Saturday (after sleeping most of the day away!) Mila came down from Cambridge and I cooked us dinner before we headed out to Mike's party. Krista met us at the station and off we went. Mike has an awesome apartment just behind Selfridges on Oxford Street. It was a great party with lots of drink, food and laughs. We ended up leaving at 1ish, which to the London crew was extremely early but I was feeling tired. Nearly fell asleep on the night bus but Mila was there to nudge me awake so we didn't miss the stop.




Sunday after brekkie Mila and I headed into town so she could catch her train up to Cambridge and I wandered around Borders looking to buy some books with my birthday voucher. I ended up getting:

1. Jessica by Bryce Courtenay
2. The Amber Room by Steve Berry - An awesome author, Ma you should have a read of his stuff
3. In their footsteps by Tess Geritsen - Another amazing author in the same vein as Deaver

1 comment:

Teresa and John said...

I will look out for Steve Berry and, yes, I have read some of Geritson.