Tuesday, 1 September 2009

Farewells, The Dane, Shopping, Church + RECOVERY

What an unbelievable 5 days. Inger flew in on Thursday night and I picked her up from Gatwick. It was great to see her again after the last trip to Copenhagen. It was straight to bed as we were shopping all day on Friday!

Friday morning we jumped into Coop and headed down to Portsmouth where all the shopping outlets are. It was nice to get back to where I used to live. The weather was nice and we wandered around for about 5 hours! Inger bought heaps and I managed to get a couple of tops for work. The sad news was that the Monsoon outlet was closed!!! I was devastated. I couldn't believe it. After a massive shop we headed back to London as it was Gabe's leaving drinks that night in Brick Lane. We got changed and headed into town. It was a great evening chatting and dancing, although it was sad to say bye to Gabe.

Saturday we went and met Mila, Helen & Angela for lunch at Borough Markets. It was a great lunch and we wandered around the market stalls sampling all the fresh product. We bought raspberries & strawberries from Kent. Fresh olives with garlic stuffed in them. Strawberry jam with champagne! It was fantastic I will definetly be heading back there. After that we headed up to Camden markets and had a look around for a leather jacket for Inger. Luckily we found a perfect fit at a bargain price. The girls then headed off to get a ride on one of the canal boats and we met up with Lee. It was nice to finally catch up with him as we have both been in London for 5 months and not had a chance. AFter that it was so time to come home as I was about to drop! Off to bed for 9 hour sleep!

SUNDAY! Church!! Inger and I got up early to meet up with everyone for our session at the Church. It was hilarious, but I know now why I only go 1 a year! Everyone had a fantastic time and afterwards we headed off to Shepherds Bush to the Walkabout for a few more drinks. I think we managed to get home at 3am. Soooo tired.



Monday was all about recovery. I could barely move, so we ended up watching about 6 dodgy movies, whilst eating chocolate, chips & dips. Finally about 8pm I felt better. After that it was time to go to bed as we had to get up early to take Inger to the airport.

Today (Tuesday) saw us getting up at 5.30am!! Seriously!! Got her to the airport on time and she got off fine. I came back put on 2 loads of washing, did the dishes, cleaned the bathroom then went to the doctors. What an extremely productive morning. So then it was time to sleep. Napping all afternoon was heaven. I got up about 6ish to order dinner (Thai) then I put all my clothes away folded or hung up. Finally I couldn't stand it and had to open my pressies!!! he he he he



Thanks Inger for the amazing jewellery! I love them and the chocolate is great.

Thanks Mum & Dad for the fantastic present & all the chocolate. Its perfect!

Can't wait for tomorrow!

1 comment:

Fiona said...

happy birthday little sis!!!