Sunday, 7 February 2010

The Good, The Bad & The HORRENDOUS

The Good

Mila's birthday was on Tuesday and we all met up in Cambridge for dinner at Loch Fyne. Couldn't wait to get there as I love seafood. Me, Angela, Helen, Sabina, Annabel & Claire met up with Mila at 8pm to eat and celebrate. I had a lovely squid starter followed by seafood suprise (scallops, tune, bream & salmon with spinach). Super tasty. And ofcourse we followed up with chocolate cake. I didn't have time to make it so luckily Helen got a nice one from Sainsbury's!

The Bad

Got a taxi back to Cambridge station with the girls, getting there at 11.10pm to discover there were no trains to London. The train guy said I had to get the bus replacement to Hitchin and then the bus from there! Bummer. Oh well I had to get home so it was onto the bus. We departed Cambridge at 11.20pm and I managed to doze on and off until I realised it was nearly midnight and we seemed to be stopping at every single country town!! So ofcourse I started stressing that when I arrived in Hitchin that there wouldn't be any trains and I would be stuck in the middle of Cambridge & London. We finally arrived in Hitchin at 12.40am and the last train to London was 12.54am THANK GOODNESS!! So finally managed to get on the train and arrived back at Kings Cross station at 1.35am.

The HORRENDOUS

Upon arriving at Kings Cross after all the trains had stopped, it was now time to get the night bus home. Unfortunately the nightbus I needed was only twice an hour and the next one was at 2.06am. So standing around in my dress, yes a dress with no tights on and it's only 1 degree! I had to wait for the bus to show up. Finally it arrived and I got on. Unfortunately this bus was only going to take me as far as Elephant & Castle where I had to wait for my actual nice bus to take me directly home. So the 176 finally showed up at 2.45am and I slowly climbed the stairs up to the top deck where I pretty much passed out I was so tired. Got home finally at 3.20am. EXHAUSTED. I was up again at 6.30am to get ready for work. As you can imagine I was extremely cranky and awful to work with on the Wednesday!

No comments: