Wednesday, 16 June 2010

House of Commons

Last night was the annual reception at the House of Commons for the Red Balloon Charity. This year Clare, Pip & I went so it was nice to have some familiar faces. The speakers were amazing as usual and one of the pupils got up and spoke of her experiences, so moving.

After the speeches it was time to mingle and Carrie had sent me a list of people and I managed to track one down and chat to them about the Red Balloon. Turned out he was the son of a famous UK wrestler, Giant Haystacks. The girls were really excited so I brought Noel over and we have a great laugh.

A few drinks and it was time to go home. What a wonderful experience!
(Photo 1: Alan & I on the terrace / Photo 2: Pip, Clare, Noel & Alan / Photo 3: Clare, Alan & I)

No comments: