So once home I started on Tom's cake. The thought process was to make a little model of Dobby the House Elf from the Harry Potter series to put ontop of the cake. I spent a few hours desiging him but he ended up looking more like an elephant, and when I walked away from the table he fell face first and squash his nose, and then his ear fell off. In the end I decided not to put him on. So in the end Tom ended up with a four tiered chocolate cake with layers of chocolate icing and fresh raspberries. I forgot to take my camera so none of him with the candles......oh well theres always next year. We are off to dinner tonight to a Thai restaurant in Holborn, can't wait love my prawn pad thai.
Away from the sunny shores of Sydney, and smack bang in the middle of London! What a difference in temperature.
Monday, 27 June 2011
Tom's Birthday
I went to softball training on Sunday and ofcourse it was the hottest day of the year 28 degrees. We lounged around for a bit but after we celebrity spotted Ewan McGregor walk past us I made everyone get up and throw the ball around. Even got a bit of batting practice in too. Once we were done the food came out on the picnic blankets. I decided to head off as I had my bike with me and I was going to cycle home, first time back in the saddle since LtoB. Luckily I followed the canal towpaths and they took me to Victoria Park where I took then wrong path and had to double back a bit. Still it was a lovely ride home, lots of people walking around (bit annoying) but that just gave me the excuse to use my bell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment