In June I'm going on a 25 mile walk/hike for charity along the Jurassic Coast. Lou, Hayley, Clare, Anne & Michelle are doing it as well. We go down on Friday night and over two days make the trek. Hopefully the weather will be good so looking forward to camping in the open air.
So any good athlete will know to get the best out of your event you have to have the right equipment. I went into North Face and after debating colour, shape, breathability etc I finally decided upona super cool pair of hiking shoes. After Mum's suggestion I went for the shoe not the boot. I also bought 2 pairs of proper walking socks, they were £12 each!!! That was a bit steep I thought but if they help keep the blisters away then it's a good investment.
I decided to wear the new shoes to Tesco's to pick up some milk, I really need to break them in before the big event. I didn't wear the socks though as stupidly I didn't want to ruin them. So Tesco's is just 15 min walk away and not only did I manage to pick up milk I got a blister on my read ankle. Bummer! Oh well it's only the beginning.... look out Paula Radcliffe.
No comments:
Post a Comment