Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Cambridge, Hilton, Dinner x 2, Drinks, Lunch.....Very busy

So last week was a super busy week. After Hayley's birthday celebrations I was up to Cambridge with Helen to visit with Mila & Annabel. It had been a few months since we had caught up so it was lovely to see everyone. I got a lovely surprise when I arrived, belated birthday presents! My birthday felt like it went on for a month.

Helen gave me some lovely rose smelling Ritual bath/shower items. Rose and lavendar are my two favourite scents so I was so happy to get them. Mila & Annabel gave me a flight gift voucher, what a surprise! I had been chatting about going to Denmark to see Inger and now I had the means to do so. It was so lovely and unexpected, great friends! Mila also provided traditional scones with jam, delicious.

We all then headed into town for a nice dinner at our fav sushi place Teryaki. After a lot of food, we then decided to head home to camp out in front of the telly to watch Back to the Future. An oldy but  a goody. Sunday morning Helen & I caught the early train back to London so spent the rest of the day pottering around the house.

Monday - I had a taste testing at the Hilton Park Lane for our upcoming Charity Ball. 3 starters, 3 mains, 2 vegetarian mains, 3 desserts, wine, champagne & tea/coffee. I was stuffed to the brim at the end but we did manage to decide what the menu would be so that was good. In the end we all pretty much agreed on the choices so there was no food fights! I got home that night and had to go straight to bed.

Tuesday - dinner at Busaba with Mila, Helen & Angela. It was good to see them again and it was lovely to have a mini celebration for Angela who got engaged and getting married in December. Sometimes you forget how long it's been since you've seen someone and how much you miss hanging out with them. These three girls are so much fun and always have something interesting to talk about.

Wednesday - Dinner with Bianca. This was to celebrate both our birthdays as I had been away for them. Again it was lovely to see her and we seem to be managing to stick to the once a month catch up! We went to Wagamama's in Canary Wharf, an old favourite.

Thursday - I was getting pretty tired by this stage of going out but Patrick had organised this drinks do for about 2 months so I couldn't not go and it was at Camino's Kings Cross which is literally 10 mins by bus from my work. Turned out to be a really nice evening as lots of old faces showed up. I ended up staying for about 2 hours but then was so tired and talked out that I slipped off and headed home.

Friday - After such a busy week I totally forgot I was supposed to go to a charity breakfast this morning! We support the Magical Taxi Tour through the Guvnors club, this is where terminally ill children are taken to Disneyland Paris for the weekend and the breakfast is the big send off. I felt sooooo bad when I got into work and saw it pop up on my outlook. Luckily one of the other girls went so we did have someone there to support the cause.

I also attended the Bovis Retirement Lunch at the Kensington Garden Hotel. This is an event that the company sponsors inconjunction with Bovis Homes for all our retired members. Such a nice thing to do. I was at the head table (not sure how that happened) and had a lovely lunch chatting with the people on my table.

After that finished I headed home and finally got home about 5pmish and flopped on the couch! What a week.

Saturday was spent doing nothing but sleeping and resting. I ended up going to the end of season party for my softball league. Krista & Aneil turned up from our team so it was fun hanging out for a bit chatting and drinking. They had crazy glow sticks everywhere and you can see we made the most of it. I managed to get the last tube home which was good.

Sunday - nothing but cleaning house and relaxing.

Monday - nothing

Last night - dinner with Claire & Natasha at Bond's of Mayfair. A great evening with two favourites! I have a taste card so get 50% off at certain restaurants, loving this card.

TONIGHT - NOTHING

No comments: