After a relaxing week at work, it was time to drive west into Bournemouth, Poole to be exact, as it's where Helen & Mila grew up as youngsters and where Helen had decided to celebrate her birthday with her family. It also happened to be her sister Emma's birthday as well! Saturday was a beautiful day so drove over in the afternoon (only 45min) and we all headed onto to the ferry for an afternoon walk on the beach. A bit too cold for me to go swimming but Helen, Mila & Lucas (2yrs) ventured in (a little bit). Then it was back to
Helen's as her mum had cooked us a prawn curry. Not spicy so I ate it all and stuffed heaps of papadum's in my mouth. Down to the local for a couple of drinks, then onto a cocktail bar. Before you know it it's 1am and time to head home. A quick stop at the local chippie for cheesy chips then a hilarious drive home!
Sunday we were up and as the weather was a bit overcast I decided to head home so I could do the chores I had put off since Spain. My room was a tip but after about 4 hours, 2 washes, 3 garbage bags and 2 episodes of Grey's Anatomy I was done!
Now it's a quiet week in preparation for the wedding on Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment