Wednesday I drove up to Cambridge for a great lunch at Charlie Chan's as Nadia's farewell. It was great and free as my old boss Pott's was there. Then it was off to the Castle for a quick drink to catch up with friends.
Thursday 3AM : wake up! Can you believe I had to be up and awake so we could get to Stansted for our flight at 6.20am. I was soooooo tired and grumpy. Luckily I slept in the car, at the airport & on the plane. Dina, Mila, Annabel & I arrived in sunny Salou, Spain!! Its so beautiful, especially when we got to Annabel's beachfront apartment. We were literally across the road from the beach. So awesome. Time for another snooze, before a wander down to the beach. Only Mila & I were brave enough to swim and the water was freezing! But after a Baywatch run in, it was fine. As it was beginning of June the tourist's weren't around so it was great. Dinner was a beautiful seafood paella, soooo nice.
Friday morning, after a sleep in, it was up and down to the beach for a bit of sunbaking and swimming. Again just Mila & I went into the Med. A lazy day of reading books, eating, sunbaking and swimming. Friday night we headed up the coast to a town Stiges (Netty, Mel & I were there in 2000) for a night on the town. So much fun dancing and watching the locals walk past.
Saturday was a relatively early start as we were going to Barcelona for the day! I love this city. Upon arrival we went first to Park Guell (Again Netty, Mel & I did Barcelona in 2000) and it was perfect weather, not too hot or cold. We had lunch in the park then we headed over to the Cathedral. Luckily for us they were letting everyone in for free!!! One day a year they open the doors for free to remember Gaudi who died on the 10th. Unlucky for him but lucky for us, so we got to wander round the inside (which is mainly scaffolding) and saw a 3D model of what the finished product will look like. Spectacular! So after that we headed to the Ramblas for a wander and to meet up with Dina's friend Brian. A bit of tapa's always goes down well! Then it was back on the train to Salou for a night out on tht tiles. Into the nightclub district and people were shoving cards in our faces trying to get us to go into their nightclub. We finally settled on the club "Too Much" and it was. Extremely funny though. Then we headed off to "Snoopys" which as you can imagine was full of kids!! About 2ish we decided to call it a night.
Sunday again a nice sleep in then a quick tidy and it was down to the beach for one last ray of light and this time we made Dina & Annabel come swimming. It's so nice once you are in and stay in. A last lunch on the veranda then back to the airport for the flight home. Got in about 8ish in Cambridge then it was the drive back to Portsmouth. Very tired but nice and brown!!
1 comment:
Lovely, good to read you had a great time - I loved Barcelona 30 years ago.
Post a Comment