Tuesday, 8 January 2008

In the middle of NOWHERE!

Yes I am offically working in the middle of nowhere. Currently I'm staying in Guildford, Surrey as my new project is based in Elstead, Surrey for the next say 6 months. Do you think there is public transport??? Yes but only at certain times. So had the biggest barry on the way in on Monday. Got the bus from Guildford which was fine, then had to get off and change buses. The driver had no idea where I was to get the second bus, so I started to get upset, walked to the local train station (Milford) to order a taxi to Elstead. Sorry all our taxi's are booked taking kids to school! SCHOOL!!! Get a friggin bus or walk you lazy little monsters. So stressed out I got on the train and went one stop to Godalming and tried to get a taxi from there. After awhile the line moved up and I got to work at 9am. Mind you I had left at 7am and if I was driving it would have taken 20-30mins from Guildford.
Anyway I tried to put it all behind me and the day went extremely fast. Now the next test, to get back to Guildford. Luckily there was a bus up the road, that is the country road with no street lights or sidewalk just muddy banks. So after trudging up a country lane for about 10mins and not seeing the bus stop, in the pitch black, my feet sinking in the mud I nearly sat down and cried. But no, I'm a Lambo, so I turned around to go back to the office to call a taxi. Halfway back a bus came! Hallejuah!!! Whoops wrong side of the road the driver said, I needed the other way to get home. For some strange reason apparently I was standing opposite the bus stop I needed. Obviously I missed it as it's just a space of muddy earth, how stupid of me not to realise! Anyway the bus finally came and I thankfully climbed aboard. Just as I was sitting there getting a bit tearful, Jamie rang to see how I was going. I have never been so glad to hear from someone. Luckily he listened whilst I vented, and managed to see the funny side once I was inside the warm bus. So got back to Guildford after only a 30min bus ride and decided I deserved MacDonalds!! And before you say anything the bus that takes me home doesn't run early enough to get me to work before 10am!
So this morning (Tuesday) I was determined to get the 2 buses all the way. The first leg went fine and I had the right spot for the second one. It showed up on time and on I got for the lady bus driver to say this is a school bus, adults aren't allowed!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!! NIGHTMARE. Anyway I think she could see I was about to cry and said she would drop me off this time. So finally I got to work at 8.30am after a mini walk from the bus stop.
I rang the bus company to complain cause I had looked up on the internet my route and they said I could get the second bus. Anyway after I spoke to the bus company they said that I could get it and that the lady was mistaken and not to worry they would have a word with her to let her know it's okay to pick me up!! Now I'm scared she will hate me for dobbing her in to her bosses and will either a. drive past and not pick me up or b. run me over. We shall see next Monday morning.
So all in all Guildford has been extremely eventful but not exactly positive. The people are really nice and the office is fine. I should have my own computer by next week, fingers crossed. I'll be treating myself again tonight to Wagamama's I think.
Should have wished for a car for Christmas I think!

No comments: