Monday, 3 March 2008

Farewell Cambridge

It had to happen and the time finally came. Friday night I drove up to Cambridge thru the torrential wind & rain. After a nerve racking drive it was great to reach home. A night in with chinese & Little Britain was on the cards.

Saturday morning I was up early as I had lots to do. First it was over to Carrie's to wish her a Happy Birthday and get some stuff for the Red Balloon. On to work to print out some brochures for the Red Balloon. Back home to take the black merc back to the hire place (I had only hired it for 3 weeks) only to find out I got another mercedes but in grey! I had only hired a 1.3L but the guy said that they don't actually stock the smaller cars so you always get upgraded! Don't forget that little gem of information. Then it was back to the house for a bit of baking in prep for the arvo tea we were going to have on Sunday. I made a strawberry cheesecake, blueberry/strawberry muffins, chocolate cake & banana bread. Then Helen finally showed up late afternoon. First time she has come to see me in Cambridge the whole 4 years I've been here. We got ready and headed out to Aki Teri (the sister restaurant to Teri Aki) down by the river. It's the best sushi restaurant in Cambridge. It was so great, there was 13 of us in total. Steveo, Helen, Colin, Arran, Sabine, Steve, Laura, Charlie, Mila, Me, Zach, Naomi & Guy. We headed over to Bolero's for a final dance. It was so bad, I felt so old dancing with the young folk of today. It was a great laugh though but by 1.30am Mila & I were feeling our age and decided to leave. A nice cuppa was waiting for me!

Sunday I took Helen punting down the Cam. It was really nice and only a little bit breezy. Then back to the house for the arvo tea. It was great to have everyone there. We cracked open the bubbly and toasted the future. Then at 4.30pm it was time to go. I tried to give Naomi my keys but she at first refused but I told her she had to take them. Then it was a round of hugs and into the car. A slow drive up the street, a final wave an extremely loud beeping of my horn and I was gone!

I was fine tillI got out of Cambridge then a couple tears leaked out. It's been such a great time in Cambridge and it's still unbelievable that I don't live there. So many friends, really good ones, and the memories. But it's now time to make new ones in Portsmouth. Can't wait for everyone to come down and see my new place!

I got heaps of pressies:

Steveo, Naomi & Arran - I got a heart shaped muffin tray, cookie cutters & a receipe book
Charlie & Ads (See you Saturday) - milk chocolate hearts, earrings, small purse, candle, photo frame, keepsake box & dream catcher
Mila - A box of Thornton chocolates, a bell for my bike and a day at a spa in Cambridge with her!!! So amazing.Steve & Sabine - So many pressies I don't know where to start. I got hot chocolate (with chilli), butterlicious body butter, Lindt chocolates, TV teddy, bath bomb and a German tradition of giving bread & salt so I got bread mix and a jar of salt. SO sweet.

So I fully cleaned up with the pressies!

No comments: