Monday, 24 March 2008

Well it was a huge day on Thursday with Coop's arrival! After she came I had to go to work but as soon as I got back in the evening went and sat in her for a bit touching all the dials and stuff. Friday morning I headed back up to Cambridge to meet Mila. A day of shopping, chatting & eating which was great fun. It's been so cold here recently that I said I would drive and pick everyone up as we were going to Colin's for dinner & a dvd. I still had the rented car so no probs. After finally finding his place in the maze of apartments we had a tasty dinner of pizza and watched Finding Nemo. Then off to bed in my room (in Mila's house).

Saturday I had to go and drop off the car then it was farewell to Mila and back to the old house to meet up with Naomi and the gang. Relaxing as though I had never been away! It was great. Then off to Claire & Annabel's for lunch and a catch up. I was so lucky as the Easter Bunny must have known I was going there as there was a HUGE egg for me. (Thanks Claire, Annabel & Minty). We watched an awesome thriller called Disturbia. Very good. Throughout the day it alternated between rain, hail & snow. Its crazy. So then it was back to Emery Street for a mid arvo snooze. After waking it was time to go to the pub with Fauzan, Naomi, Catriona (yes the new me in the house!) Steve & Jamie. A nice chilled out evening.

Sunday I was woken by Naomi thundering down the stairs to burst in my room shouting to look out the window. It had snowed overnight and Cambridge was covered!!! Its so crazy!! A cupa tea with Colin, then it was time for me to head off. Annabel offered to drive me to the station with my push bike but we soon realised that the bike was too big! No worries we set off for the station and no problems got on the bus replacement service to the nearest train station. Then finally got on the train to London and tried to get on the Tube with my bike. It said on their website I could during non peak times! Ofcourse when I show up it's like NO!!!! So after the Tube chick gave me directions (she doesn't realise I have short term memory loss) I struck out to get across London. Luckily I saw the 59 Bus which goes to Waterloo so hopped on my bike and cycled like mad! Thank goodness there was hardly any traffic, and 15 mins later I was at Waterloo. I was on fire!! Whooo hooooo So after 5 hours I finally arrived in Portsmouth, no scratches, bumps or bruises. And it was so sunny!! Go figure.

Monday - Still on hols today, so now that I have the bike I'm going for a cycle to see more of the town and do a spot of shopping! Then it's back to work tomozza!

No comments: