Tuesday, 24 May 2011

The past few days...






So after I left Inger on the plane I went and met up with the Schellenberg's (Krista's folks) who were in town on a whirlwind tour. It was lovely to catch up as it's been nearly 5 years since I've seen them. We had a lovely dinner in the Stonhouse in Clapham, I had ostrich it was delicious.

Wednesday we had a work darts night which was fun. I've now learnt the rules but not how to throw straight. Hit the wall as many time as I hit the board I think. But in one throw I managed to get 75 which I'm told is good.




Also went to the physio on Wed night and he said another 3 weeks out of softball due to the arm. I now have lots of exercises to do and have to go back this Wed for another session.


Thursday we had a guy at work's farewell. I went to the King Eddie for a quick drink and some food then headed home for an early night. Also had finish making Claire's birthday cake for the dinner in Cambridge I was going to on Saturday.




Friday Clare, Peter & I met up with an old colleague - Peter. It was really nice to see him and he looked really happy since he had left! An early one Friday so I headed home about 7ish as I had Rhianna coming round to pick up the Green Gremlin. We have agreed on an open adoption and she will keep me updated with pics! It's nice to know that she will be used rather than sitting around playing second fiddle to Princess.


Saturday! Oh My God! You won’t believe my journey. So I cycled 18 miles to Wimbeldon and got lost as I had to get to Richmond, Old Deer Park as my softball team was playing in a tournament. Managed to get to Raynes Park overground and got the train to Kingston and cycled up to Richmond although took the path to Richmond Park and then had to cycle through the park and up a MASSIVE hill. I nearly passed out. Finally got to Old Deer Park at 1pm!

Met Mark there and then we stopped for a sandwich…..BIG MISTAKE!!! My thighs seized up and I literally couldn’ t push down on the pedals. Got the train back to Stratford (Direct! Brilliant) but it stopped at Hackney Wick so cycled from there, wasn’t too bad, got in about 4.30pm. Then it was a quick shower and out again to Kings Cross as I was heading up to Cambridge for dinner.


Guess what…..no trains to Cambridge! So had to go to Royston then a bus to Cambridge, finally got to the restaurant about 8pm which was good. We were having dinner for Claire's birthday in Strada and it was delicious. It was also lovely to catch up with the girls!





Then had to get the train home, luckily they were still going into Liverpool st station so went there, feel asleep on the train, woke up at Liverpool st station at 12.15am my last train to forest gate was 12.18 so had to run! Got home in bed about 1ish.sooooooooooooooooooo tired!


Sunday spent at Tom's house watching dvd's - Harry Potter 7 part 1, Due Date & Let Me In. Was a great day and we stuffed ourselves. Charlene was being good and only ate fruit, after 6 or 7 hours kinda wish I had done the same. Luckily Tom dropped us home so I didn't have to get the tube and walk!

No comments: