Thursday, 30 August 2007

33 Degrees

Well it's been about 5 days now that I've been here in Wilmington. And the heat hasn't let up at all. It's actually rained a few times but afterwards it's still extremely muggy, there doesn't seem any let up from the heat.
I decided to hire a car on Monday as there is no public transport in this town! Can you believe it. It was a bit odd at first driving on the other side of the road but I'm now used to it and it's okay. They have some weird road rules but its all good. I've driven around Wilmington and done some shopping. Fiona, Lucy & I are off to the beach today as it's only 30 degrees outside and it will be nice I'm told. This afternoon I might head downtown to the Riverfront where they filmed bits of Dawson's Creek. Tonight we are going to a fav restaurant of Fiona & Andrews.
I'm actually going to go to Charleston in South Carolina for 3 days next week as there isn't too much else to see here in Wilmington. I'm really looking forward to it. I will get the greyhound bus down and back, it's only a 4hr trip and I'm staying in a local hostel.
Only 3 days till my birthday!

No comments: