Monday, 27 August 2007

Touch Down!

Dinner Friday night at Browns was great. Me, Verena, Naomi, Arran, Steve, Mila & Zoey showed up for the final housemate dinner. Sad but will be seeing Verena in February when we go visit her in Austria. The girls kicked on but Mila & I headed back to the house for tea & cake.


Saturday morning, an early start of 4am and with a final farewell to Verena (who woke up and saw me off) I headed to the bus station for the 2 & 1/2 hr trip to Heathrow. No probs booking in, then it was onto the first leg of the trip. Only 6hrs to Boston and I slept thru 2 movies which was good. Arriving in Boston was a shock as it was a billion degrees! And I had my scarf with me, whoops. Waiting in Boston for my flight to Charlotte I encountered a huge military presence. They were on our flight and I ended up sitting next to a Snr Corporal Liuetenant I think he said. The unit was off to Kuwait so that was pretty cool. Everyone is extremely patriotic here. One guy shook everyone's hand and considering half the plane was military that was alot of shaking. Got to Charlotte in one piece but very tired. Finally boarded my final flight to Wilmington and it ended up only taking 30mins as it was an express. Arrived, Andrew was there to take me home. Saw Fifi and then it was off to bed, exhausted.

Sunday (today) I've spent hanging out with Lucy, Fifi & Andrew. We've been to Walmart for a bit of cheap shopping and I went to church with them also. Now we have the week ahead and it's about 50 degrees here too! soooooooooooo hot. Their house is awesome with beautiful high ceilings and wood floors. My room is cool, it's the only one of the second floor above the garage, nice and cool.

No comments: