Sunday, 20 July 2008

Baby Shower

What a busy week! Atlast Friday arrived and I did a spot of baking in the evening. I baked a carrot cake, banana cake & lemon cake in preparation for Claire & Annabel's baby shower on Sunday.



Saturday I was up fairly early (10am) and started finishing off the shower preparations. The cupcakes were made, cake's iced, pasta salad made, cheese tarts cooked and chicken bought from Asda's. Then it was off to Cambridge to Mila's. Got up there about 7ish in the evening then it was out to B Bar to catch up with Sabine & Annabel for a quick drink, then Charlie & Ad's came along after. It was nice to catch up. Then off to bed.

Sunday after finally icing the teddy bear cake (very proud) it was off to the girls house to set up for the shower. It went fantastic. We played baby bingo, ate lunch, opened pressies, played pin the bottle of the baby, guess the baby food and ate some more. Everyone had a great time and I'm totally stuffed to the max with sugar! Afterwards it was back to Mila's to help move a book case upstairs for her! OH MY GOD!!!! It was massive, about 3mm under the door frame. Somehow Mila, Helen, Dina & I managed to manouvre it and we got it upstairs with only a tiny little mark on the wall. What a drama, but it looks great where it is staying FOREVER!!!

Also Mila's backyard is finally finished!! WHOOO HOOOO. It looks amazing and once she has the plants it will look even better.



I feel bed calling, off to London for work tomorrow!

1 comment:

Teresa and John said...

Great teddy cake - good job