Sunday we got up to a day full of sunshine! Ofcourse as soon as I walked into the lounge the boys had already turned on guitar hero. So a morning of playing guitar hero and eating french toast & bacon began. Mila showed up at about 11ish which was great and we all headed down to the historic dockyard. I hadn't actually realised it was "Meet Your Navy" weekend! What a huge bonus. We all went on the Victory but then most had to head
off home. So Colin, Elenor & I head back into the fray. We went aboard the HMS Illustrious, which I think was an aircraft carrier. Also managed to blag our way into a sealed off bit to have our pic taken in front of a rescue helicopter! Very exciting except as we walked away, I flicked the view on the screen back to see how it turned out
and it hadn't worked!! Was going to go back and ask him to take another but figured it was a bit cheeky! Oh well we know we were VIP's for a minute or two. After that friggit (and me humming the theme tune to Top Gun for the past 2 hrs) we headed thru the crowds looking at all the displays and people dressed up in character. We made it
to the Warrior at about 3ish and had a look around her. A bit boring after the Victory and Illustrious.
After that it was time to go home. I was exhausted from being the hostess with the mostess. The sun had been shining all day and the weekend was perfect! Actually felt like we were on holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment