Sunday, 13 July 2008

Euroball & Samantha's 31st Birthday

So this weekend was going to be jam packed. Saturday morning I was up at 7am getting ready for my first day at the Euroball tournament. We had five games lined up and I was playing for the Mariner's again. Supposedly it was going to rain all weekend but Saturday was beautiful and sunny. Out of five games we won 3 which was good. Finished up about 6ish and it was back home to get ready for Sam's 31st Pirate party. Sam had decked out the lounge and hallway in sailing decorations and a great pirate flag. I was pretty tired and sore but and a quick catnap and then got into my pirate wench outfit. It was great fun, heaps of food and fish & chips for dinner. Everyone had a good time but I had to nip off to bed early as had another big day of softball on Sunday.

I was in bed by 11pm but when I got up this morning (Sunday) I found out that everyone had gone to bed about 4ish! And they were playing guitar hero and I didn't even hear it. So Sunday I headed off to the field again for another 3 games. Unfortunately I pulled a tendon in my right arm at the end of the first game. So I was sidelined. BUMMER!! My arm hurt like anything, luckily though the first aider gave me some pain killers and by the third game I was feeling great and ready to play but think it might have been the drugs talking! Unfortunately we only won 1 game so we were 4 / 4 for the tournament. It was a tight tournament and we only placed 7th! Bummer we just lost to the wrong teams. Oh well there's always another game.

No comments: