Another week in London. What a long week it was. I was exhausted on Friday night and had an awesome sleepin on Saturday, only getting up at 2pm as the Dyno drain guy was coming. Our kitchen sink has been giving off a bit of stink ever since I moved in and when you ran the washing machine the water would bubble up into the kitchen sink and sit there for an hour before it drained out. So after he stuck a very only metal stick thing down it a whole lot of rubbish came out. Check out the pick on the right, that is what came out. He said that
was a build up over the years of soap scum, fat, foods everything that goes down the kitchen sink. It looks like a chunk of concrete. Crazy! So he finally left and I got on with the laundry. Unfortunately the water came up again but only half an inch and drained straight away. I called him back to let him know and he came back at 8pm and stuck the wiggly stick down from the kitchen end. He said as the pipe is flat for about 10m the water and stuff just sits in the bottom and that there was nothing we could do about it! Oh well. Finally by about 10pm he pronounced it as good as it's going to get without us ripping up the skirting board. So it was off to bed for me.Sunday morning, Sam & I got up ridiculously early to get the train up to London as the Red Bull Air race was on and Natasha had organised a do at her job site as they are right on the Thames at Greenwich. It was sunny in the morning but came over dark. It was a great day and Ben, Paul & Greta came with me as well. Although have to say, seen one plane, seen em all! Nat's jobsite laid out a great buffet of food & drink and I decided to indulge in a kit kat, big mistake. Obviously the kit kat was made of metal as I broke a bit of my back tooth off when eating it! Crazy. L
uckily it doesn't hurt and that my dentist is in London so have an appointment Wednesday for an assessment to the damage. Fingers crossed he can fix on the cheap. Along trip home with me sleeping most of the way and the weekend was suddenly over.
uckily it doesn't hurt and that my dentist is in London so have an appointment Wednesday for an assessment to the damage. Fingers crossed he can fix on the cheap. Along trip home with me sleeping most of the way and the weekend was suddenly over.I'm still in London and HR has decided to leave me in London for the next month as I'm on holiday's in 28 DAYS!!! and then a decision will be made after that as to where I'm going to be based. So not going to worry about anything until after the hols.
My lavender plant by the way is outta control! She is huge but some of her leaves are a bit wrinkly, maybe too much water. Going to do a bit of research, but she is flowering!! So pretty and smells beautiful.



No comments:
Post a Comment