Yesterday I went to the surgery and got my eyes lasered! The bit that took the longest was the waiting. I got there at 10am and after another quick eye test, 2 questionaires and a brief on what I was to expect after the surgery I was ready to go. Was quite nervous as everyone had someone with them but I was on my own, didn't think it would matter but would have been nice to have someone to chat too. A couple people went in and came out smiling so that was good.
Finally they called my name and I head in. Don't forget I've got this dodgy cough so was a bit worried I might cough and move whilst under the laser. They put the anestic drops into my eyes and I had a lovely hair net put on. Had to wait a couple of minutes so my eyes went numb and they took me in to the room. I laid down and the optomitrist pulled over one machine, the wavefront technology machine. He said this is the one that will hurt, feel uncomfortable. It was like they took a suction cup and put it under my top eye lid & under my bottom lid. It was like they were suctioning my eyeball up. This is the bit that was uncomfortable and it pinched. The right eye hurt more than the left but luckily it was over in 20 seconds. The next bit was the laser bit with another machine. As I couldn't feel anything it was totally fine, it was like I was in a swimming pool looking up to the surface. So I could see him doing something with my eye but it was all watery so it was fine. The laser went for about 15 seconds and then it was finished. All done.
Then I spent 15mins relaxing in a dark room, then it was time to go home. Had a quick check with the Optomitrist downstairs then it was into a taxi and home. My eyes were really starting to hurt now as the medicine was wearing off. All i wanted to do was get home and put more drops in them. Ofcourse it was the brightest, sunniest day ever. My eyes were really heavy and my eyes kept streaming with tears. I just wanted to sleep. Got home about 4.30pmish, ate some food and then went to sleep. Have a look at the eye covers I have to use to sleep in!
Woke up this morning and I could see everything! It was amazing. I went for a checkup this morning and they gave me the two thumbs up and sent me home. Only one more week of putting drops in and then given the all clear!
No comments:
Post a Comment