Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Macarons my way

I decided that I would have a go at making macarons on my own! I chose the basic French meringue receipe I got from the course and put a passionfruit butter cream in the middle. I also used a nice tangerine colouring. Well it took 3 days for the egg whites to be ready to be whisked so tonight they were ready to go. As you can see they came out looking awesome but when I tried to take them off the mat obviously not cooked enough in the middle. The second batch was better, think I will have to increase the temperature in the oven. I did manage to make a small batch although sizing was a problem, they ranged from small to massive! Think I need to practice my piping skills. I also bought a new book by the acclaimed macaron baker, Pierre Herme. He is amazing and the book is fantastic with so many flavours for me to try!

Sad news is my Ipod broke on the weekend so had to buy a new one today. It is lovely and red though!












No comments: