Sunday, 20 May 2012

Raspberry berets before a tournament, good idea? NO

Helena's last day was on friday so we hit the bars to celebrate the start of a new adventure. Everyone rocked up to Apt bar in Bank and we started getting stuck into happy hour! Apt make a brilliant Raspberry Beret which goes down way too smoothly. The tunes were being mixed and I was dancing on the floor for the whole evening! Had so much fun until someone mentioned that it was after midnight, so missed the last tube. Pants! I had to be up for a softball tournament the next day. Finally a bunch of us jumped into a cab and managed to get into bed about 2amish, only to wake up at 7am feeling RANK! A couple of neurofen, 3 glasses of water and it was out the door and off to Chiswick to get to the first tournament of the season. I took a plastic bag with me on the tube though as wasn't feeling the best and wanted to be prepared. I did manage to get there without any incidents, although I was late. Luckily we had so many players it didn't matter that I missed the first innings. The sun came out for a bit but then was hidden most of the day behind clouds, but the rain stayed away which was good.

We had joined forces with the Tornadoes so we were a combined team called the Tornadoe Jumpers! I started to feel better after the 3 game, a bottle of pepsi & sausage sandwich. It was a great day of softball and we managed to get into the lower final and beat the Meteors which is fantastic as we are playing them on Wednesday in one of our league matches so we do have some bragging rights! Finished up about 7pm so it was then time to trek it home, walking in the door at 9.10pm. I was exhausted. I ate some food then tried to watch a bit of telly but kept nodding off, so it was off to bed.

This morning I met Michelle in Clapham and we went to our Macaroon making class. The teacher was really strict and a bit scary but after awhile she warmed up. It was a fantastic morning and I'm excited about getting in the kitchen and trying a few variations on the receipe she has given us. I will be taking the ones I made to head office tomorrow to share them around as they are soooooooo tasty I can't have them in the house otherwise I will eat them all myself.

I bought some flavouring - passionfruit, wild strawberry, pineapple, rose and I also got a clear baking mat so I can make the macaroons.



No comments: