Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Sunday Roast in Notting Hill

After being inside for a few days I needed to get out. The weather had been amazing so I met up with Louisa & Jen in Notting Hill for a Sunday roast at The Mall Tavern. Even though the weather was warm the meal was lovely, not too heavy. The Mall Tavern is rated one of the top 12 Sunday Roast places in London. And it was reasonably priced. Jen & I had the beef, whilst Lou tried the pork belly. We even splurged and had dessert. Strawberry deconstructed cheesecake for Lou, Raspberry & lemon mess for me & Artic roll (flavours: Licorice, caramel & original) for Jen. Can't say I was overly impressed with any of them as mine had too much lemon curd and not enough fresh raspberries. Lou's biscuit base was sprinkled over the top so not enough to compliment the creamy texture of the cheesecake and Jen's 3 different flavours of arctic roll, well only the caramel one was just ok. If you like licorice though you would have loved the black one! Yep check out the pic.......



After lunch Lou & I headed into Kensington Palace Gardens for a stroll. It was so hot people were lying in the park in their bikini's! Let me just say some people should leave their t-shirts on, no matter how hot it is. After a brief stroll it was time to go home for a nap!

No comments: