Monday, 13 August 2007

Concrete Shovelling to Shakespeare

Well I've moved into my country residence again until the 19th and it's lovely as ever. Saturday morning, well late morning about 11.30 saw Mila & I get stuck into her backyard ripping up the crazy paving. We were told it was a huge job for just the two of us but we weren't to be put down. A 20 min break for lunch and we managed to remove all the concrete, brick and rubble by 4.30pm. A huge effort and we managed to fill a 4 yard skip. A quick cycle home in my work boots and a double wash to remove all the dirt and I was ready to go see "The Twelfth Night" in Robinson College. Mila brought a picnic, and we managed front seats! A fantastically funny play and the actors were wonderful. A definete thumbs up, and the setting was beautiful. A quick ride home thru town and off to bed.

Oh.......my........god!!! Waking up on Sunday morning was horrendous! Every part of my body ached (and still does). The groans coming out of me sounded like something out of horror movie. I was going to go to the gym but as I couldn't raise my leg over the bar to get on my bike I figured I might as well stay home. I layed in the overcast sun until it got chilly then slouched around the house watching McLeods Daughters Season 2. In the evening I met up with Verena, Zoey & Mike and we watched "Hairspray". What a laugh! I had no idea it was going to be a musical. I couldn't stop laughing, I reccommend this movie! Now back a work with a big week coming up:
Monday - Ten pin bowling
Tuesday - Macbeth
Wednesday - NOTHING!!!
Thursday - BBQ
Friday - Barbara (Verena's sister) arrives - dinner
Saturday - Rugby
Sunday - REST!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that you enjoyed Twelfth Night. Thanks for coming along.

Paul (aka Antonio)

Fiona said...

now that you are such a good handy helper around the house we can save up some jobs for when you come over here!