Monday, 24 September 2007

Monkey World

Friday afternoon Mila & I headed down south to Poole for our trip to Monkey World. A dream run of only 3 & 1/2 hours and we arrived at Helen's parents house with pizza waiting for us. Unfortunately I'd gotten ill that day so was coughing & had a runny nose. Luckily I had all the girls looking after me.

Saturday morning came and after a good brekkie, Helen, Mila, Lucas & I headed to Ethan's 4th birthday party. Lucas (2yrs old) had a great time playing in the ball pit and watching the air push the balls around. The kids then had lunch followed by icecream & cake! We were starving just watching them. After the festivities, we were on our way to Monkey World.






AWESOME!! Just like the tv show (Monkey Business) I was able to pick out certain monkeys. A fantastic habitat, extremely realistic for each enclosure. As it's a charity run operation it wasn't expensive and was soooo much fun. I think I had more fun than Lucas! We spent hours walking around and managed to get round the whole park before closing. The sun was out shining so it was a fantastic day.

Sunday it was sunny in the morning and Helen & Mila gave me a tour of Poole, their old stomping ground. A beautiful place, the beaches were great and reminded me a bit of Cronulla. Lunch was at Mila's parents house and it was a full Sunday roast! I nearly didn't want to leave. A lovely afternoon trying to get a few stories about the girls from Mila's parents and then it was time to leave. The trip home was fine and now today (Monday) it's pouring down with rain.

No comments: