
Yes I went to see Rent for the 5th time (Sydney, Melbourne, London, New York, London) as it's the best musical ever. Charlie, Laura & I went to London on Monday night to see our favourite show. It was a little birthday surprise I organised for the girls. I was already in London as I had had an all day meeting so after an early finish (3pm) I headed to Oxford street for a bit of shopping before the girls got into town. Finished the day off with a lovely meal for one at Wagamama's. Another favourite place. Finally the girls showed up and after a quick bite for them we headed to the theatre.


The show was good but the director has reworked some of the songs and tweaked the script a bit. The singers were good, except Mimi, which was such a shame as she has such a huge role. Also a minor C list celebrity was in it, Denise Van Outen. She has a lovely voice but I feel she over played the role of Maureen. Roger & Tom Collins were major standouts as they were hair's on the back of the neck tingles! A lovely time and then the long trip home. Well worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment