Monday, 3 December 2007

Guvnors Ball - Hilton, Park Lane

Saturday morning after lounging around in bed all morning I got a call from my boss (Potts) asking if I wasn't doing anything would I like to come to the Guvnor's Ball at the Hilton, Park Lane in London. As some of you might remember, I've been to this do a couple of years back and it's always great fun. Also there was the added incentive of a free hotel room!! So I ran to the bathroom to start to get ready and caught the bottom of my foot on a nail and ripped a 1&1/2 centimetre hole in it. Oh my goodness all the blood!! It fully ached too. So great now I couldn't wear my high heels. Oh well packed them anyway and my flats as well. Luckily Steve was free so we both headed off to London. Upon arrival we checked into our Executive Suite!! It was a really nice room with an awesome view of the London eye. Didn't have time though to take any pics as had to get ready. Downstairs and it was party time. Carrie was there accepting a cheque on behalf of the Red Balloon so we had someone to hangout with. The amount of people I ran into that I knew was crazy. It was really great to catch up with them and see what they were up to. A lovely dinner was then followed by an auction of various things. The highest bid went for a corporate box to see the Spice's Girls reunion concert. It went for £22,000!!! Who has that type of money!! IT's crazy, we couldn't believe it. Then the dancing started. My foot was wrapped up tight and with my flats on I just powered thru the dance moves. We finished about 3ish and totally flaked out, you should have seen the blood on my foot! Nasty. Woke up at 8am as Carrie had said we would catch up for brekkie at 9am. So struggling to wake up we made it downstairs on time only to discover, NO CARRIE!! I called her on the mobile to find her ASLEEP!!! Can you believe it. Luckily she is a fast dresser and was downstairs within 10 mins. A quick breakfast and we were all back on the train to Cambridge. Home about lunchtime, extremely tired.

But got a call from Jamie and decided to take up the challenge of the Sing Star king. So it was off to Jamie's for a bit of Karaoke. Thank goodness his flatmates & neighbours weren't home as the two of us sung as loud & proud as we could!!! Very amusing. Then home and to bed.

Feeling ok this morning, although my foot is still sore! We have our Christmas party tonight so stay tuned for more photos!
Top photo: Steve & I
Middle photo: My boss Martin (Potts)
Bottom photo: Richard & I




No comments: