
Friday started off great. Down to the train station and it was up in the air off to Newquay airport. Upon arrival I picked up my mercedes and drove down to Budock Vean Hotel (
http://www.budockvean.co.uk/). An impressive 4 star hotel surrounded by a beautiful golf course. A lovely afternoon in the sunshine sipping my tea awaiting the arrival of Dave & Carmen. I also managed to squeeze in a fruit active facial.

My skin was so lovely and soft. We all met up that night at the local pub for a quick chat & meal, then it was back to the hotel for much needed beauty sleep. Saturday morning it was up early for a fantastic breakfast, which I think I might have over indulged in, oh well. I was off for my frangipani body wrap. It was heaven, I smelt so amazing I kept asking random strangers to smell me. I headed off into Falmouth for the day, a bit of sightseeing and shopping. Met up with Ben, Jo, Poz & Ads for a few drinks at the Ferry Boat Inn. Beautiful pub on the river with open log fires. After that we headed back to get ready for the party. A great night was had,

dancing, eating, drinking and generally catching up with old friends. I think the night ended at about 2ish and everyone was glad to only have to walk upstairs to their rooms. Sunday morning I passed up breakfast for a deep tissue massage! It was worth

going hungry for. And before you ask, yes I spent a fortune on pampering myself on the weekend, but I love it! After everyone finally woke up, we headed down to the river for a walk back to the Ferry Boat Inn for a spot of tea. On the way we found some mushrooms as you can see Ben holding. Luckily he had just finished a course in fungi and was able to identify them as parachute mushrooms and perfectly alright to eat! Mushroom rissotto look out. Back at the hotel we managed to secure a couple of huge overstuffed couches

and collapse on them where we didn't move for about 3 hours. The only time we got up was when they announced it was afternoon tea time and there were scones with jam& clotted cream. At 4pm it was time for me to head off back to the airport leaving everyone to relax. A harrowing drive back, due to incorrect address typed into the sat nav!! But made it with plently of time for my flight. So much fun and great to see everyone after what seems like ages!
No comments:
Post a Comment